Monday 23 March 2009


Last week it was lovely and sunny and I was in the garden, today it's snowy/sleety and guess what??? My heating has broken down !!! I cant believe this. We only had it serviced last Friday and now its not working. So on with another pair of socks and another cardigan, Stewart and Penny are hiding under a duvet on the sofa! We have a little oil heater but its not much use in the living room unless you happen to be sitting right on top of it, oh I wish i had a real fire....
So tonight we are having minced beef, mashed potatos, mashed swede, veggie mince for Stewart of course, that will warm us up.
A friend of mine is very sad right now. Last week her litlle dog died on her lap. Her other dog is crying too. Thay are going to the Dog Trust and have seen two pups, but they havent been vet checked yet and are too young, about 3 weeks, but if all goes ok they will take them both. I hope they get them so it cheers her and the other dog up.

Later... Diane

1 comment:

Lisa Pogue said...

Oh my, that's no good when the heat goes out. I had that happen a few years ago on one of the coldest nites. I called hubby who was bowling and told him he may want to stay with his mom for the nite. Fortunately it was a thermo coupler or something, simple to do. Good luck, I hope it doesn't cost you a fortune!! Take care and I'm so sad to hear about your little friend. I bet she is sad as well as the other pooch too. They are both lonely. I hate losing an animal...

PS, stop by I'm having a giveaway!!