Friday 15 August 2008








Well, we have now nearly finished painting our kitchen, just got the cupboard doors to go over and were done. This is a pic of the right hand wall, the plates came with the blue rim and I stencilled the red hearts onto them.












The blue paint was left over from an old colour I'd used in the hall at one time but was too dark for the kitchen so I added white paint till I got the colour I liked. No point in buying a whole new tin of paint if I could mix up a suitable colour myself










This is a stichery I did, the words read like this....


The snow came last night


and the door is frozen tight,


the soup is in the pot,


the fire is cosy and hot,


a place is at the table,


so come in if you are able.






I have been watching the olympics and have just seen Nadal make it through to the final, hope he gets the gold.






I have bought a pattern to make a christmas pressy for my friend Kate, the material for it came today so I can now make a start, cant tell you what it is as that would ruin the surprise. I will take a pic of it when it's done.






Two weeks today and my son Lewis and his girlfriend Lisa move house. I think they are excited now, it will be here before they know it. It will be nice for them to have so much more living space. Also nice for Lisa to get her car parked off the road as she's had some damage done to it recently when it's been parked on the street by mindless thugs who have no concern for other peoples property but wouldn't like it done to their stuff.




That's all for now...later X




2 comments:

Catty Wampus said...

Hi Diane; thanks for your nice comments on my blog; I love your kitchen; I have a similar electric tea kettle; you did a fantastic job on those plates! I hope the furbabies are well; Mine often develop a limp when they do something goofy like jump off the front step sideways! I usually just rub it for a while for them and that seems to help. I am glad you were able to figure out that picture thing; that took me a while to do! I had hoped that you would not mind me telling you about the comments thing; I always wanted to do things to my blog, but I didn't know how at first; but Blogger has a help area and I do go there too, but other bloggers helped me out a lot! I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures. Hope you are having a wonderful day! I will see you again soon; Merrie

pinetrees on the moor said...

Hi Diane love the kitchen,like what you did with the plates,check my blog and yes there is yet another basket but it was unusual.talk to you later~Kate~