Sunday 16 August 2009





Id like to share my new found pattern for this beautiful neck warmer. Its fast to knit up and uses about 100gms , so its cheaper than making a scarf. Firstly, its not my pattern it belongs to this lovely guy in one of the above pics, who you can visit to see the original, go to www.yarnballboogie.co/?=124 He used a different yarn from me, must have been thicker as he only cast on 14 sts. His fulll pattern, plus others that he has go to www.ravelry.com I have used a yarn from Twilleys which was 100% wool, its gauge is 10sts over 14 rows so iguess its chunky,but that doesnt matter for this scarf.I have used size 10mm needles casting on 20 sts and its knitted in a brioche rib, which have various ideas on how to do them, this is what I used, sl 1,*yf, (ie, bring the yarn to the front of the work)sl 1,k2tog follow from*to the end, then purl 1 the last stitch. at the right length for you, mine was 25ins, knit two rows, then put in 3 buttonholes and then knit 3 rows. All done!! These can be made in an afternoon, the buttons are from "belloandbellissimo" at ebay.co.uk, who have a nice range of buttons from Italy.
Good news too, we are going to Amsterdam next month yippee!! I love Amsterdam ,its a city i never tire of, plus we are going to take the train to Delft, havent been there before so I am really looking forward to our little holiday.

No comments: