Tuesday 9 December 2008

So here we are at draw time and the winner is.......wait for it.....MERRIE !!!! well done it will wing its way to you as soon as you email me your address, send it to me at the address you have for me

As I said earlier, I have a new job. Started this past weekend on my own as the last girl had gone back home to Poland. I was a bit nervous but everything went OK. I had a holiday day to take so that was on Sunday. So as of this weekend I am settled in at the care home. I was sad leaving my old job, had a little cry when they gave me a lovely card and flowers. Then cried all the way home in the car. Had I done the right thing? etc etc, but Im sure i have.

We have had some snow and icy weather here, its really cold today too, its also my sons 26th birthday, I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was snowing then too, I worried Id not get to the hospital. The hospital cleaners were on strike then and there were no clean laundrey stuff, I got out of that hospital faster than lightning.

Have been back up to the hospital with Stewart for more treatment, we go again on Thursday and we have been taking the bus as the parking at the hospital is horrendous, just no spaces at all, and its so worrying in case you miss the appointment, its been giving me a headache, so , hence the bus. Now the bus drivers are striking for more money, there were no busses for 24hrs last Sat and will be none for 48hrs this Fri, but worst of all is they are working to rule so you wont know if your bus is running or not. We will go out and wait for it but may have to take the car and I would just have to sit in it, waiting for a space to come free, while Stewart goes for his appointment, not really ideal. Its giving me a headache just thinking about it.

My mum and stepdad are going on the Orient Express from Edinburgh on Friday, Its an evening outing with your supper on board. They were given it as a xmas gift from his children, they are excited. He has only yesterday broken his reading glasses, and now is in a mad rush to get a new pair in time, hes having an eye test as i write and hopes to have glasses by Thurs. Hed better have, or he wont be able to see the menu !!! They are staying overnight in Edinburgh too, im sure they will have a great time. I hope they remember to take the camera. I think I may text her to remind her.

Guess that the lot for now....later


4 comments:

Catty Wampus said...

Thank you Diane; WOOOOOO! I WON!!!!!! I am dancing around making the dogs nervous!!!! I so hoped to win this and I did!!!! This will be a treasure for me as you personally made it and it comes from Scotland to Michigan; well you cannot get better than that!!! I am so excited! I have sent you my address by email; let me know if you don't get it. These electronic devils are tricky at times. I am sorry about your Stewart; mine was at the doctor yesterday and had a stress test last week which was good; so he is stable with his heart. I hope that Stewart is well also? I love that name Stewart! AND: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your son; my daughter is a December baby as well; she is Dec 24th; mine will be 30; well I don't know why time has suddenly accelerated! I still feel 20; mostly! HA! So have a lovely day my friend and tell your family hello from us all here; hows those fur babies? Ours seem fine; we have the usual; ear issues with Zoey and Niles is still on the eyedrops; he just hates them! But he is sure looking good now! I hope all are well there. Talk to you later; Merrie

Diana said...

Hi Diane, thanks so much for your kind words on my blog..I always wanted to visit Scotland, maybe one day I will be able to..We just adore our little Scottie, he is a blessing to our lives for sure hehe..Have a wonderful Holiday Season, and Prayers to your family..Diana

Roslyn said...

Oh so sorry you have not only health problems but weather & transport too. I hope your Stewart is soon able to give up the doctor visits for healthy other pursuits.
Keep on quilting to keep your sanity,Diane!
Roslyn

Lisa Pogue said...

I received the sweetest little Christmas card in the mail this morning. Thank you so much. I have neglected to send any cards YET. You must read this morning's post. Thank you Diane, I hope you and your family have a very wonderful, peaceful, healthy Christmas ever!!!